Friday, May 21, 2010

Broken funny bone...not funny!

Two weeks ago EB had an accident on her bike and broke her funny bone.  Turns out, it wasn't funny at all! 

She had surgery and spent 3 days in the hospital.  I stayed with her and frequently roamed the halls of Richland Memorial.  We had a few sleepless nights, but we survived.  She spent a few days in the bed after surgery, but was up and moving by the weekend.  I was shocked! 

I took her to the follow up appointment earlier this week and it was very productive.  They removed her ugly cast, took more x-rays, moved her arm all around, removed the staples, and got her started with physical therapy.  She now has a small cast that is removable, which will make the Columbia summer more bearable.

It was a tough couple weeks, but I was so happy to be there with her.  She is so fabulous and I love her so much.  Even when she's in pain, she's a joy to be around.  We even managed to have fun in the hospital!!!

No comments: